Understanding brand protection
We conduct business electronically in ever-greater numbers. In 2014, online sales reached $1.5 trillion. By 2018, that will figure will likely exceed €2.5 trillion. Given that the brand is your most valuable asset, the question of how best to protect it in a digital environment needs to be addressed urgently. If fakes of your products start spreading, the damage to your reputation could be significant – perhaps even irreversible.
Ultimately, it is more than just protecting your brand and sales, it is also about protecting customers. While a counterfeit fashion item will have a limited impact, it is not hard to imagine what counterfeit medication could do to patients or how counterfeit components might affect vital machinery. The consequences could be catastrophic. So if you have not given much thought to brand protection in a digital world, now is a good time to start.
- About App stores and m-commerce as E-commerce channel
- About Counterfeiting
- About IP/Brand abuse
- About online marketplaces as E-commerce channel
- About Parallel imports
- About social media as E-commerce channel
- About Traffic diversion
- About web stores as E-commerce channel
- How to react if your brand is a victim of counterfeiting?
- What are the key trends in online counterfeiting?
- Which proactive measures support anti-counterfeiting online
- Who are ACG?