- How to fight counterfeiting online
- How to react if your brand is a victim of counterfeiting?
How to react if your brand is a victim of counterfeiting?
If you discover that counterfeit sales of your products are occurring or your brand is being abused in other ways, we recommend a proven three-step process – regardless of channel – to address the problem: Track, Analyse and Enforce.
- Track. If counterfeiting volumes are considerable, the only way to be effective is to use an automated search platform. If volumes are lower, a manual search will suffice.
- Analyse. Technical analysis is a powerful tool, but to identify infringements and optimize effectiveness, you need to involve experts.
- Enforce. To ensure that infringing material can be taken down, the relevant intellectual property rights must be in place. And to expedite the removal of offending material, it is important to understand the processes of major site owners and platform providers.