Brand Protection Measures For Electronics Manufacturers
The counterfeit trade is affecting more and more industries each year, and one of the areas which is now being targeted is the B2B (business to business) sector. Electronics and automobile manufacturers have noticed an increase in the number of counterfeit parts coming in from suppliers and, unfortunately, a large quantity of fake parts are making their way undetected into finished products that are then sold on to end-users.
Brand Protection now a higher priority for manufacturers
Manufacturers could be selling partly-counterfeited goods inadvertently and end up facing lawsuits as a result. Brand protection in the electronics industry has therefore become a much higher priority for manufacturers than it was only a decade ago. Manufacturers bear sole responsibility for the products that reach consumers, regardless of whether they themselves have also been duped along the way.
Suggested measures for manufacturers
Manufacturing companies should follow these measures to protect themselves and their consumers from this growing epidemic:
1. Make sure that you, and the companies with which you do business, follow national and international safety and quality standards and regulations.
2. Go one step further and only purchase products from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
3. Work closely with stakeholders and industry experts in order to prevent counterfeit products from entering your supply chain.
4. Take immediate action on counterfeiters if and when detected.
5. Ask our advice. If you would like to know more about the issues in your industry, our experts are happy to talk you through them.
We can also let you know the type of brand protection services that we offer and how these could benefit your business if you are experiencing a high volume of counterfeit items or IP infringements of your brand online. We operate all over the world and have offices located in Europe, the USA and China - contact your local office today.